Glossary of Environmental Health Law 2
Other Decks By This User
- WHO'S WHO in Legal Systems?
Politicians/Legislature (enact laws)
Law reform commissions, inquiries
Regulatory compliance managers
- Vote and lobby
- Decides policy behind law and makes statutory initiatives
- who does the background work and drafts the law?
- LOBBY GROUPS
- influence bureaucrats and politicians
- enact laws
- interpret and apply the law (and make it in some circumstances)
- ADMINISTRATIVE TRIBUNALS/BOARDS
- interpret and apply the law
- POLICE and REGULATORY INSPECTORS
- enforce the law
- who assist their clients with the law?
- who provide theories that explain the law?
- LEGAL PHILOSOPHERS
- who makes recommendations to improve the law?
- LAW REFORM COMMISSIONS
- who make sure their employers are in compliance with the law?
- REGULATORY COMPLIANCE MANAGERS
- What Characterizes Law?
Rule of Law
- true of false: the legislature is superior to the charter of rights and freedom.
- What are the PHAs (Public Health Acts)
TCA – Tobacco Control Act
SDWA – Safe drinking water Act
FDA – Food & drug Act
HPA – Hazardous products act
MIA – Meat inspection Act
- What are the OHS Acts?
WSIA – Workplace safety & insurance act
CLC pt 2 – Canada Labour code pt 2
SiWA – Smoking in the workplace act
NSCA – Nuclear safety & control Act
- List the acts that make up the EPA – environmental protection Act?
- OWRA – Ontario water resources
FA - fisheries
NMA – nutrition management
CEPA – Canadian environmental protection
PCPA – pest control & products
- What is Law?
- Social phenomena
- Why is Law Relevant to the Program?
- Statutes are the framework in which we act as PH or OHS professionals.
seek compliance with the law.
Influenced by decisions of courts and tribunals that interpret and apply the law.
We contribute to reform of the law.
You must Login or Register to add cards