Glossary of Environmental Health Law
Other Decks By This User
- what is a Judicial Review
- (1) Grounds for challenging a STATUTE
(2) Grounds for challenging ACTIONS
- what are the grounds for challenging a statute?
- 1) not in 91/92 jurisdiction
2)violation of charter
- what are the grounds for challenging actions?
- 1) violation of charter
2)not within powers granted by statute
- what power for National Dimension or national concern.
- belongs to federal power
- Moral perspective has three Moral theories what are they?
- Natural law
- what is natural law?
- very old, aristotle, Aquinas, etc
ability to sense "the good"
protect and promote human flourishing
- what is "Kantianism"?
- consider actions, not consequences to determine what is right to do.
persons must be treated as ends and nver as means solely
basis of modern human rights
- consider the consequences,
"the greatest good for the greatest number"
Cost benefit analysis (CBA) is a form of utilitarianism
- what are 4 other disciplines that law is influenced by?
- list the four 4 forms of justice?
- corrective justice
- basis of law of torts & contract law
- distributive justice
- fairneess in allocation of things
partial basis of human rights
- retributive justice
- the punishment should fit the crime
fairness in sentencing
- procedural justice
- fairness in decision ,making
basis of criminal & civil legal procedure
- what are some of the science policy disputes?
- purely factural
You must Login or Register to add cards