Glossary of English Final Sem 2
Other Decks By This User
- poetry is one of the three major types of literature, the others being prose and drama. poems are usually divided into lines and stanzas and often employ regular rhythmical patterns, or meters.
- to put something in your own words
- a brief reference to a person, a place, an event, or another literary work
- the central idea of a story or poem
- the speaker of a poem is the voice of the poem
- tone is the attitude the speaker takes toward the poem's subject
- the use of vivid descriptions or figures of speech to create a mental image
- figurative language
- language that is not literal but represents one thing in terms of another
- a direct comparison between items that are unlike in most ways but similar in one respect, using the words "like" and/or "as"
- an implied comparison that, like a simile, compares two items that are alike in one respect but unlike in others
- long work of prose fiction
You must Login or Register to add cards