Glossary of English AP
Other Decks By This User
- "web" used to draw in the audience
- Similarly structured words that appear in a sentence or paragraph.
- The appleal of the text to the emotions or interests of the audience
- diction + sentence structure that convey a writer's persona.
- facts, anecdotes, statistics used in support of a claim.
- A type of writing (letter, narrative, eulogy, editorial)
- Repetition of a group of words
- Repition of consonant sounds at the beginning or in the middle of two or more adjacent words.
- The repetition of the last word of one clause at the start of the following clause.
- Systematic strategy for solving problems.
- periodic sentence
- Sentence with elements included before verb or complement.
- part of speech were speaker counters objections to points being raised.
- rhetoric being used effectively.
- the art of analyzing all the choices that a writer might make.
- Rhetorical triangle
- diagram showing the relations in a rhetorical situation.
- An entity reffered to by one of its attributes.
- The point backed up by support of an argument.
- The part of a speech in which speaker offers a demonstration of central idea.
- urges speaker to invent an example that is counter to main idea
- the part in which the speaker provides background info. on the topic.
- Antecedent-Consequence Relationships
- "if...then" reasons.
"If you do your chores, then you can leave."
- Casual Relationship
- (cause and effect).
"If Y is the cause, then X is the effect."
"If X is the effect, then Y caused it."
You must Login or Register to add cards