Glossary of English 9 Unit 1 Lesson 4 Vocab
Other Decks By This User
- A device or instrument designed to perform a specific function, especially an electrical device, such as a toaster, for household use.
A dental or surgical device designed to perform a therapeutic or corrective function.
- The act of applying.
Something applied, such as a cosmetic or curative agent.
- To take into custody; arrest
- Suitable for a particular person, condition, occasion, or place; fitting
- The act or an instance of approving
- Almost exact or correct
- A room or suite of rooms designed as a residence and generally located in a building occupied by more than one household
- Determined by chance, whim, or impulse, and not by necessity, reason, or principle
- The process by which the parties to a dispute submit their differences to the judgment of an impartial person or group appointed by mutual consent or statutory provision
- A structure, especially one of masonry, forming the curved, pointed, or flat upper edge of an open space and supporting the weight above it, as in a bridge or doorway.
- The weapons and supplies of war with which a military unit is equipped.
- A governmental establishment for the storing, development, manufacturing, testing, or repairing of arms, ammunition, and other war materiel.
- An object produced or shaped by human craft, especially a tool, weapon, or ornament of archaeological or historical interest.
- To discover with certainty, as through examination or experimentation
- particular look or facial expression; mien
You must Login or Register to add cards