Glossary of English 11B - Vocabulary Developement - Trimester 3 - 2006
Other Decks By This User
- bad guy
- a figure of speech that gives things that are not human. human quailty.
- The author’s way of telling you about character’s
- being to much alike.
- dramatic irony
- Where the audience or reader is aware of something important, of which the characters in the story are not aware.
- very much of a exaggertion
- where and when the story takes place. the time and palce of the action.
- the message that is in the book that keeps you reading.
- things that happen to help make up the story.
- main character
- the person that is in thje book the most
- the person that tells the story
- minor character
- other characters in the book
- who ever is talking in the book
- a word that mean two different things and still sound alike
- comparison two things that are not the same using like or as. sings like a bird.
- character in the story that is different then one of the main characters in the story.
- a person, place, or thing that repersent an ides or thought.
- is a word that imitates the sound it repersents.
- a was different people use the same language base on culture.
- point of view(first,.scond,third)
- the persective of who is telling the story
- good guy. someone you are for.
- use of the same consonant at the beginning of each stressed syllable in a line of verse
- when something repeats it self over and over.l
- the end of the word repeats in more then one word then letter repeats
- A group or body of related images, as in a painting or poem.
You must Login or Register to add cards