Glossary of English 10 Vocab Quiz 3
Other Decks By This User
- protection or support; patronage; portent, omen, or augury, especially when based on the actions of birds
- attended by favorable circumstances
- heedful of circumstances or consequences; prudent
- deserving of scorn or contempt; vile
- self-examining; thinking about one's own thoughts and feelings
- the quality of being clearly expressed or easily understood; the ability to perceive or understand keenly
- likely to become or be; likely to happen; expected
- having the ring of truth but actually false.
- a phantom; apparition; a threatening or haunting possibility.
- a broad sequence or range of related qualities, ideas, or activities; a range of values of a quantity or set of related quantities.
- acuteness of perception; keenness.
- supremely accomplished or skilled; complete or perfect in every respect; complete; utter.
- skill or adeptness in performance; dexterity; skill in deception; guile; shrewd or crafty in manipulation or deception; executed with or exhibiting ingenuity.
- skillful; adroit.
- a natural gift or quality; funds or property donated to an institution, individual, or group as a source of income.
- done or achieved with little effort or difficulty; easy; working, acting, or speaking effortlessly; fluent; arrived at without due care, effort, or examination; superficial.
- not capable; not properly or well qualified; not adequate for the purpose; not sufficient; a person who is not capable or qualified for a particular task.
- awkward or clumsy; not suitable to the circumstances or occasion; inappropriate; lacking in judgment, sense, or reason; foolish.
- performing in a given art, skill, or branch of learning with expert correctness and facility; adept.
- an innate inclination; tendency.
- to address an earnest or urgent request to; implore; to request earnestly; beg for.
- the act of coaxing by flattery or wheedling.
- to coax gently and persistently; wheedle.
- to bring out; evoke; to call forth.
- to direct with authority and emphasis; command; to prohibit or forbid.
- requiring immediate attention or remedy; urgent; requiring or demanding a great deal.
- arrogantly domineering or overbearing.
- a command, directive, or order; a court order enjoining or prohibiting a party from a specific course of action.
- a beggar; depending on alms for a living; practicing begging.
- a question; inquiry; a doubt in the mind; to express doubt or uncertainty about; question; to put a question to.
You must Login or Register to add cards