Glossary of Elements of Art
Other Decks By This User
- the way of combining elements of art, to add stability to work of art.
A.) Symmetrical- formal Balance, which is roughly even in distribution of visual weight or activity on each side of center of the artwork.
B.) Asymmetrical- informal balance which has larger massess on one side that are balanced by smaller contrasting, or more intensely colored parts on the other side.
- relationship of certain elements to teh whole and to each other
- emphasizing one or more of the elements of design which creates center of interest in art. Emphasis may also be on subject matter or concept.
- path of moving point. Can be vertical, horizontal, diagonal, curved, angular, zigzag, bent, staright, interrupted, thick, thin.
- What eye sees when light is reflected.
value- light to dark
primary colors- (red, blue, yellow) all colors out of these, cant be created by other colors
secondary colors- (orange, violet, green) mix primary colors
- area enclosed by outline, area flat created by line, color, and tones; geometric; amorphou (without clarity); bio-morphic (living or dead)
- Shape with 3 dimmensions- hieght, width, and depth. can be realistic, abstarct, idealized, naturalistic, or non representational.
- very smooth- to quite rough. real or implied.
- negative space
area around objects
- 1 color adding black and white to it
- warm colors
- red, orange, yellow
- cool colors
- green, blue, violet
- amount of darkness in a color
- complemtary colors
- opposite colors on the color wheel
(red-green, violet- yellow etc...)
- Analogous colors
- secondary colors
(violet, green, orange)
- Tertiary colors
- intermediate colors
(red violet red orange, yellow orange etc...)
You must Login or Register to add cards