Glossary of Elements and Principles of Art
Other Decks By This User
- Another word for hue.
- What is a path of movement and has a variety of qualities that include geometric and organic, thick and thin, diagonal, horizontal and vertical movement.
- The are above, around, within and under and object. Can be positive and negative.
- The measurement of light and darkness in a work of art.
- The way something feels to the touch. It can be real or implied.
- A line that encloses space and is 2-dimensional (2-d). Is organic or geometric. The outline of a form.
- Three-dimensional (3-d)shapes. Can be organic or geometric. There are five basic types.
- The relationship of one object to another in size, shape, number or degree.
- A line, color, shape or form that is repeated over and over.
- An are of an artwork that firsts attracts and usually sustains (keeps) the viewer's attention.
- Emphasis/Focal Point
- The action in an artwork, that visually leads the viewers eye around the work.
- The movement in an artwork that shows action.
- The arrangement of the artwork that shows how all parts work together as a team.
- The differences of colors, size, shapes and forms in an artwork that make the work more interesting.
- The visual wieght in an artwork that is symmetrical, radial or asymmetrical.
You must Login or Register to add cards