Glossary of Electron Transport chain
Other Decks By This User
- The electron transport chain is embedded in the inner membrane of the?
- Most of the chain is composed of?
- Tightly bounded to these protiens are _____
- prosthetic groups, nonprotien components
- These prothetic groups ____, and ____ electrons
- accept and donates
- Electrons are transfered by ____ to the first molecule of the chain.
- most of the remaining electron carriers are called?
- The electron transport chain has several types of cytochromes. what is the last cytochrome of the chain that passes it's electron to oxygen? what does it form?
- Cyt A3, water
- Another source of electron transportaion is? what cycle is this a product of?
- FADH, krebs cycle
- How does the mitochondrion couple this electron transport and energy release to ATP synthesis?
- What is chemiosmosis?
- Chemiosmosis is an energy-coupling mechanism that uses engery stored in the form of H+ gradient across the membrane of the mitochondrion to drive cellular work.
You must Login or Register to add cards