Glossary of Economics YTTC
Other Decks By This User
- What is the goal of the Chesapeake Bay Program?
- To restore nutrients to the water
- When will the Chesapeake Bay Program project be completed?
- Around 2010
- How can you get involved with the Chesapeake Bay Program?
- Through a stakeholder involvement process
- What are the two chemicals that cause acid rain?
- SO2 and NOx
- What part of the body do the chemicals that cause acid rain affect?
- heart and lungs
- What act regulates the emmisions of the hazardous gases that cause acid rain?
- The Clean Air Act
- What are the four primary recycling methods?
- Curbside, deposit/refund center, drop off center, and buy back center
- What are the three steps in the recycling process?
- collection, manufacturing, and purchasing the recycled goods
- How can citizens help the recycling process?
- recycle at home and shop smart
- What is the program used by hackers to send pop-ups?
- Windows Messenger Program
- What are two ways to prevent spam?
- Get a firewall or disable Microsoft Messenger
- What are two ways to get a firewall?
- Newer machines come with them built-in or download one off the internet
- What does the FCC regulate?
- TV, radio, cable, ALL COMMUNICATIONS!!!
- How is the Chairman of the FCC selected?
- The president selects the chairman
- How many staff offices are in the FCC?
- 10 staff offices
- What is one bureau of the FCC?
- Enforcement bureau
- What does the enforcement bureau do?
- responsible for enforcing the communication act and FCC orders
- What does the media bureau determine?
- what can be shown and said on TV
- What does the wireless communications bureau do?
- makes sure that everyone is able to use and has enough access to electromagnetic spectrum (cell phones, internet)
- What does the wireline communications bureau do?
- promotes universal phone service, local telephone service competition, broadband access
You must Login or Register to add cards