Glossary of Ecology Verbs
Other Decks By This User
- What are the three levels in the energy pyramid? How much gets lost each time?
- Producers, Secondary and Primary. 90% gets lost each time.
- How does a niche differ from a habitat?
- Aniche is its job and a habitat is the environment around it
- Through what process does most water vapor enter the atmosphere?
- What is meant by interconnectedness or interdependence?
- All organisms are affected by the living and nonliving organisms.
- What is ecology?
- The study of reactions between organisms, living and non living components of the enviroment.
- What is biodiversity?
- The genetic # and variety of organisms in a given area during a specific period of time.
- What are different ways a habitat can be altered?
- By addding or taking away resources.
- What are the four factors that can change a population size?
- Birht Rate, Death Rate, Immigration and emmigration.
- What are producers, consumers and decomposers?
- Producers are autotrophs that capture sun energy to make organic molecules. Consumers eat other organisms to get their energy. Decomposers break down dead organisms to make nutrients.
- What are biotic and abiotic factors?
- Biotic factors are the living components of the enironment. Ex:Plants
Abiotic factors are the nonliving components of the environment.
Ex:Oxygen & Humidity
- What is the difference between a food chain and a food web?
- food chain is a single pathway.
Food webs show the interconnectedness between organisms.
- What are the three levels in the energy pyramid? How much energy gets lost each time?
90% gets lost each time
- Through what process doesmost water vapor enter the atmosphere?
- Explain why the same area can support a greater # of herbivores than carnivores.
- Because there has to be more energy to go up
- Why is the aamount of sunlight important to the animals in an ecosystem?
- The sunlight is where the energy is.,
- What is acclimation? How does it differ from evolution?
- Acclimation is an organisms adjustment to an abiotic factor. Evolution is how a species evolves or changes over a long period of time
- How is a eukaryotic cell diffent from a prokaryotic cell?
- It has a nucleus
- What monomer makes up proteins?
- amino acids
- The light-dependent reactions and the calvin cycle together make up wehat process?
- Proteins that speed up chemical reactions in organisms are called...
- Eukaryotic cells are found in...
- Plants and animals
- What so all living cells have in common?
- They are surrounded by a membrane
- Each group of three MRNA bases specifies a particular...
- Amino Acid
- Where does transcription take place in eukaryotic cells?
- Within the nucleus
- Which structure prepares proteins for secretion from the cell?
- Golgi Apparatus
- What is the role of the rough endoplasmic reticulum?
- Producing Proteins
- What provides energy for the calvin cycle:
- ATP and NADPH
- What is produced during the krebs cycle:
- CARBON DIOXIDE and OXYGEN
- Genetic information is contained in?
- Which structure is typically the largest and most complex?
- Eukaryotic Cell
You must Login or Register to add cards