Glossary of EU Immigration, Asylum and Development Policies
Other Decks By This User
- where was immigration specifically a problem in the late 1980s?
- Spain and Italy from norther Africa
- What factors pushed migration?
- low wages
political and religious persectution
- what factors pulled migration?
high standard of living
- Common European Asylum System was in which pillar? when did it change
- in third pillar, moved to first pillar in the Amsterdam Treaty
- what is the European Support Office?
- office to oversee cooperation between member states on COmmon European Asylum System
- What are the four legal instruments for asylum?
- reception conditions directive
asylum procedures directive
- why was an asylum system created?
- for an equal playing field for all countries
- What was the goal of the EU immigration policy?
- balance between humanitarian and economic admission;
co-development for third countries
- What other aspects were considered by the Commission?
- economic and demographic development of the EU;
reception of each member state and links to countries;
imact on third countries;
specific integration policies
- What is the EU development policy grounded on?
- lofty goals: sustainable, equitable and participatory human and social development
- Principles and objectives of EC Development policies
- combating poverty
primacy of the role of developing countries (partner)
- What is the Lome' Convention?
- sets out principles and objectives of EU cooperation with Africa, Caribbean and Pacific (ACP) Group of states
You must Login or Register to add cards