Glossary of Disease Processes
Other Decks By This User
- A lack or defect.
- Pertaining to degeneration. Going from normal to a lower or more dysfunctional form.
- Result of abnormality in the development of tissue, an organ, or body part.
- Disease of unknown cause.
- Occurring in more members of a family than would be expected by chance.
- Disturbance of function without evidence of a structural or chemical abnormality.
- Genetically transmitted from parent to offspring.
- Of unknown cause.
- Caused by an infection.
- Caused by abnormality in the chemical structure or concentration of a single molecule.
- Any new and abnormal growth. (Progressive, uncontrolled)
- Due to nutritional factors.
- Due to a demonstrable abnormality in a bodily structure.
- Resulting from injury. (Physical, chemical, or psychological)
- Patient was not born with the disease.
- Illness w/a short, severe coarse.
- Having no symptoms. (Discovered during exams performed for a different reason.)
- Persisting over a long period of time.
- Present at birth.
- Causes impairment of normal function.
- Progressively deteriorating condition which has reached a point of terminal functional impairment of affected system.
- Causes symptoms at intervals.
- Becoming progressively worse causing death.
- Diseases affecting newborns.
- Sudden recurrence or intensification of symptoms.
- Advancing, going forward; going from bad to worse.
- Reappears after it has apparently gone away.
- Most or all symptoms have gone away.
- Abnormality or disease which results from and continues after the original disease has gone away.
- An illness which is neither acute nor chronic.
- Expected to end in death.
You must Login or Register to add cards