Glossary of Dictionary.com Word of the Day
Other Decks By This User
- 1. A group hired to applaud at a performance.
2. A group of fawning admirers.
- To treat as a pet; to treat with excessive indulgence; to pamper.
- transitive verb;
1. To affirm with confidence; to declare in a positive manner, as in confidence of asserting the truth.
2. (Law) To assert, claim, or declare as a fact.
1. Open to change; apt or likely to change; adaptable.
2. Constantly or readily undergoing chemical, physical, or biological change or breakdown; unstable.
- intransitive verb:
To joke; to jest.
To make fun of; to mock.
1. A joke or jest.
2. A trick or prank.
- transitive verb:
To weary by excess, especially of sweetness, richness, pleasure, etc.
To become distasteful through an excess usually of something originally pleasing.
Excessively or naively optimistic.
1. Biography of saints.
2. Idealizing or idolizing biography.
Still existing; not destroyed, lost, or extinct.
A state or condition of fitness or order; state of mind; spirits -- often used in the phrase "in fine fettle."
You must Login or Register to add cards