Glossary of Desert Vocabulary
Other Decks By This User
- Alluvial fan
- An insturment for measuring the speed and direction of the wind.
- An area with a certain kind of climate, plants and animals.
- a group of people who travel together, with pack animals or vehicles
- animals that are active at dawn and late afternoon or dusk
- An instrument for measuring the speed and direction of the wind.
- A long-term lack of moisture.
- A small, flat topped hill or small vegetation
- The plants and animals together in a biome.
- a deep valley with steep side that is carved over time by flowing water.
- a group of living things that live together and interact with one another
- Plants that last only one year or season. They start growing from seeds each year.
- a steep-walled, flat-bottomed channel cut into the land by swiftly flowing water.
- These are the most successful desert plants. All parts of this plant have to help it endure the harshest condition.
- to use somthing carefully so it doesn't get ruined or used up
- underground layer of rock with holes where water collects.
- Bactrian Camel
- These camels have two humps, which contain fat.
- humans or animals that can't make their own food like plants can
- organisms that get their nourishment from dead organisms, breaking them down into simpler substances
- the changing of non-desert land into desert
- animals that are active during the day
- animals who are "tame" because humans have bred them for many years to provide meat, milk, leather, companionship, etc
- dromedary camel
- this camel only has one hump, which stores fat
You must Login or Register to add cards