Glossary of DNA and Cell Division
Other Decks By This User
- What are diploid cells?
- two sets of choromosomes somatic cells
- haploid cells
- gametes, one of each chromosome
- What are the phases of mitosis?
- What are the phases of meiosis?
- Mitosis is similar to Meiotic division ____?
- Synapsis and _______ happens in _______ 1
- crossing over , prophase,
- During Metaphase I , chromosomes made ______
- Types of asexual repro
- binary fission, budding, vegetative propagation
- What are the purines?
- What are the pyrimidines?
- # of H bonds
- 2 AG, 3 GC
- What happens during replication?
- helicase unwinds DNA, polymerace proofread and pastes nucleotide from 5-3
- links Ogasaki strands
- Transcription initiation
- polymerace binds to TATA box of promoter and ends in the Termination site
- Termination Transcription
- excise of introns, 5 G cap and poly A tail
- How is the amino acid on the tRna?
- enzyme reaction
- T site of ribosome?
- tRNA first lands
- A site
- tRNA anticodon binds to mRNA codon
- P site
- tRna adds to aa to growing polypeptide chain
- Translation intiation complex
- small unit, Met AUG
- Termination Translation
- stop codon
- more than 1 ribosome on a mRNA
- E site
- tRNA leaves
- What are the elongation factors?
- protein direct correct tRNA to the A site , GTP
- DNA vs. RNA
- deoxiribose, double stranded, thymine, can't leave nucleus vs. ribose, single stranded, uracil, leave nucleas not permanent
You must Login or Register to add cards