Glossary of DEP PQS 2 - Physical Readiness Program
Other Decks By This User
- What is the state of being that includes strong, flexible muscles and an efficient system for getting oxygen & nutrients to the body.
- True/False: Fitness is only the absence of disease
- What are the 3 primary elements of a physical fitness program?
- Aerobic (cardiovascular)
Muscular strength & endurance
- What are activities such as running & swimming which help the heart, lungs & blood vessels become more effective at delivering muscles what they need to function – oxygen & glucose
- Aerobic (cardiovascular) activities
- What are activities such as push ups, curl ups, or weight training which help muscles become stronger and work repeatedly without undue fatigue.
- Muscular strength & Endurance activities
- What are stretching activities which are necessary to prevent injury to muscles & joints and allow efficient full range of motion.
- Flexibility activities
- What is the recommended exercise sequence to improve performance and reduce the risk of injury
- How often should the exercise sequence be conducted?
- 3-6 days per week
- What are the 4 elements in the physical fitness/readiness test?
1.5 mile run
- What is required for the Third Class Swimmer certification?
- Enter water feet first from 10ft platform;
remain afloat for 5 minutes;
swim 50 yards using any stroke(s)
You must Login or Register to add cards