Glossary of DENTAL TECHNICHAN VOLUME 1 NAVEDTRA 14274
Other Decks By This User
- How many 10-second rinses with a mouthwash will temporarily reduce a patient's microbial count?
- Waterless handwashing agents that contain 70 percent isopropyl alcohol virtually disinfect the skin in how many seconds?
- What protective surface material helps bacteria evade the defense mechanisms of the body?
- When must you clean and disinfect the previously covered surfaces between patients?
- When surface is visibly soiled
- Approximately how many deaths occur annually from HBV infection?
- The purpose of handwashing is to remove micro-organisms from what area of the skin?
- Folds and grooves
- What technique is used to clean unprotected areas between patients?
- How many maximum minutes are most viruses susceptible to while immersed in boiling water?
- Cannot be sterilized because of their design or inability to withstand heat.
- SEMI-CRITICAL ITEMS.
- What type of gloves offer the highest quality and best fit at a greatly reduced cost?
- How many medium-sized bacteria may be contained in a single drop of water?
- 2 billion
- Where should wrapping material be placed on open instrument trays, packs, or cassettes to protect work surfaces against contamination?
- Instruments and materials that penetrate the skin, mucous membranes, or bone.
- CRITICAL ITEMS
- Which of the following supplies and equipment can reduce the volume of aerosols and decrease the level of micro-organisms during dental procedures?
- HVE's and rubber dams
- How long should you flush each of the unit water lines and hoses for at the beginning of each work day?
- 1 MINUTE
- Which of the following is the most common mold infection in humans?
- RING WORM
- When securing the DTR at the end of the day, how many quarts of water should be flushed through the HVE?
- Washing increases the porosity of gloves up to what maximum percent
- When using a detergent with sodium hypochlorite, what dilution ratio is recommended?
You must Login or Register to add cards