Glossary of Crusades Study Stuff
Other Decks By This User
- In the TIT BHHH/FC DUMBII, what does T stand for?
- Turks threaten Byzantine Empire
- In the TIT BHHH/FC DUMBII, what does I stand for?
- Increased trade with the MIddle East
- In the TIT BHHH/FC DUMBII, what does B stand for?
- Byzantine Empire is weakened
- In the TIT BHHH/FC DUMBII, what does H stand for?
- hopes to fight gor the glory of GOD
- In the TIT BHHH/FC DUMBII, what does F stand for?
- Four fuedal states set up
- In the TIT BHHH/FC DUMBII, what does C stand for?
- Cause organized anit-semitism
- In the TIT BHHH/FC DUMBII, what does D stand for?
- Damage the image of the Church
- In the TIT BHHH/FC DUMBII, what does U stand for?
- Use of coin money
- In the TIT BHHH/FC DUMBII, what does M stand for?
- Muslims regain control of Palistine
- When did the crusades start?
- 1093 (with a letter from Byzantine)
1095 (Council at Clairmont)
- When did the crusades end?
- Causes of the first crusade
- Byzantine Empire was being threatened by Palistine and requested help form the Pope
- Christian Leader of the firsy crusade
- Pope urban II
- Majors Events of the First Crusade
- Speech at Council at Clairmont
Capture of Jerusalem
4 fuedal states set up
- Consequences of the first crusade
- massacred Muslim and jews
- Cause of the Second Crusade
- (1187 Jerusalem fell to Muslim)
- Christian leader of the second crusade
- pope urban II
- Majors events of the second crusade
- fail to recapture edessa and jerusalem
- Cause of third crusade
- to recapture jerusalem
- Christian leader of 3rd crusade
- Richard the lion hearted
- Muslims leader of 3rd crusade
- Major events of the 3rd crusade
- richard and saladim made truce
muslims still owned land
- Consquences of the 3rd crusade
- christians were able to freely visit the holy land
- Cause of fourth crusade
- Venetian trade
eliminate rivals/gain trade in Constantonople
- Christian leader of fourth crusade
- Pope innocent the II
- Major events of the 4th crusade
- constantanople was looted (chruches included)
- Consquences of the 4th crusade
- weakened byzantine empire
split between east and west church
- Who wanted the forth crusade...was it really a crusade
- Venetian merchants...wasnt really a holy war unless the pope was a mercahtn...more for economical gain
- Bernard of Clairvaux
- clergy memeber
calls for second crusade because Turks have Edessa
- Richard the Lion Hearted
- involved in the third crusade, the only one who made it to the fuedal states
- muslim leader
- bills of exchange
- a promise to pay
safer than carrying gold around
- The practice of lending money and charging the borrower interest, especially at an exorbitant or illegally high rate.
Church though was immoral because the rich would stay rich
You must Login or Register to add cards