Glossary of Cracking the SAT words with common roots
Other Decks By This User
- Capable of receiving.
Ready or willing to receive favorably
Of or relating to the skills of listening and reading.
- Beginning to exist or appear
- Having the power of perceiving, especially perceiving keenly and readily.
Deal with or use in advance
Pay a debt before it is due
- Easily influenced or affected
Likely to be affected
Especially sensitive; highly impressionable.
Permitting an action to be performed; capable of undergoing
- The ability to form or understand mental concepts and abstractions.
Something conceived in the mind; a concept, plan, design, idea, or thought.
- A favorable and especially excessively high opinion of one's own abilities or worth.
An ingenious or witty turn of phrase or thought.
A fanciful poetic image, especially an elaborate or exaggerated comparison.
A poem or passage consisting of such an image.
The result of intellectual activity; a thought or an opinion.
A fanciful thought or idea.
A fancy article; a knickknack.
An extravagant, fanciful, and elaborate construction or structure
- Open or liable to objection or debate; objectionable or debatable.
- liberate, release a child from control of parents or a guardian
- A rule or principle prescribing a particular course of action or conduct.
An authorized direction or order; a writ.
- Having the same tastes, habits, or temperament; sympathetic
friendly and sociable
You must Login or Register to add cards