Glossary of Cosmetology - History of Cosmetology
Other Decks By This User
- What does the Greek Word "Kosmetikos" mean?
- Skilled in the use of cosmetics
- How long has haircutting and hairstyling been practiced?
- Since the Glacial Age
- Who were the first people to use cosmetics?
- Henna is a dye that is extracted from what?
- The leaves of an ornamental shrub
- Nail care was first practiced in 3000 BC in what countries?
- Egypt and China
- Women in ancient Rome used hair color to indicate what?
- Their class in society
- When monks and priest were forbidden by Pope Alexander III to shed blood, they enlisted the help of who?
- The barber pole, the symbol of the barber-surgeon had its roots in the practice of what?
- In 1875 the practice of using irons for waving and curling the hair was developed by who?
- Alexandre Godefroy
- The first permanent wave technique that did not require the use of a machine was invented by who?
- Evans and McDonough
- Who was a pioneer in modern black hair care and cosmetics.
- Madam C. J. Walker
- An entry level cosmetologist may be expected to perform many duties except for what?
- Paying Bills
- The first job a new cosmetology graduate is ususally offered is what?
- Salon Stylist
- A client desiring a new wave pattern requires the services of who?
- A texture Service Specialist
- Working with cancer patients who have suffered hair loss is a gratifying experience for whom?
- Wig Specialist
- An Esthetician can choose from many employment possibilities including this.
- Consultant to a cosmetic company
- To create a new image for a client, a makeup artist does what?
- Uses cosmetics to blend and shade
- A day spa offers a client what?
- A full range of services
- It is important to have what to be a successful salon manager?
- The ability to supervise people
- Product educators selling to professionals and salon owners often provide what?
- Product knowledge classes
- A design team works together to present what?
- Fashion and Runway shows
- The salon industry has grown termendously and annually grosses how much?
- $50 billion
- What do government regulatory agencies involved in and provide?
- Standards for the industry
- To develop your career to the maximum it is important to do what?
- Continue your education
- Days spas can offer what services?
- nutritional counseling, aromatherapy, and hydrotherapy
- Do Day Spas offer botox treatments?
You must Login or Register to add cards