Glossary of Cooking Equipment
Other Decks By This User
- Used to fry foods at a constant temperature
- Has 4 to 6 burner units, each with individual controls - each burner has its own heat source
- Open-Burner Range
- Has a solid top that produces even heat over a large surface area but cannot be used as a griddle
- Flat-Top Range
- Food is cooked directly on the surface of this piece of equipment
- Uses invisible waves of energy to heat, reheat, defrost, and cook foods
- Microwave oven
- Uses intense, direct heat located above the food
- Has a large cooking surface with sides to hold liquids and can be tilted to pour out liquid
- Tilting Skillet
- Places food in direct contact with hot water vapor
- Type of steam jacketed kettle that can be tilted to empty contents by burning a wheel or pulling a lever
- Trunnion Kettle
- Stacked ovens that have separate baking controls.
- Deck ovens
- Has a fan that circulates the eated air and allows you to cook foods in about 30% less time at at temperatures approximately 50 F lower than a conventional oven.
- Convection Oven
- A small gas or elecric broiler often attached to an open-burner range.
- Uses infrared and visible light waves above and below the food cooking foods very quickly without losing flavor or moisture.
- FlashBake Oven
- Used to bake, poach, grill, roast, braise and steam foods
- Combination Steamer/Oven
- Cooks food quickly using steam but the steam does not come in direct contact with the food
- Steam Jacket Kettle
You must Login or Register to add cards