Glossary of Conservation Biology: History & Background
Created by drcherish
- How did Gifford Pinchot define conservation?
- In a use oriented manner: "the greatest good for the greatest number for the greatest amount of time."
- Name three instances in early history where we see the first signs of concern for conservation in one form or another.
Judaism's Sabbath of the Land
King's Hunting Preserves
- What does taking the log of a set of numbers that form make non-linear graphs do?
- It creates a linear relationship between the numbers to make them easier to compare and contrast.
- What is the purpose of National Parks?
- To preserve nature and make it last for generations while making it accessible to all.
- What type of philosophy did Emerson and Thoreau have towards conservation?
- Transcendentalist ethics - a moral argument towards conservation, reasoning that Nature is God's perfection on Earth.
- What was the first National Park to be established?
- Yellow Stone National Park
You must Login or Register to add cards