Glossary of Common Core 103 Navy Organization
Other Decks By This User
- Who is responsible for initiating military action in support of our national interest and is the head of the Armed Forces?
- Commander in Chief (President)
- Who is the principle defense advisor to President and formulates a general defense policy and policy related to DoD?
- Secretary of Defense
- Who is the overall commander of a fleet & is in command of all operating forces - ships, crafts, classified & organized into command by type?
- Fleet Commander in Charge (CINC)
- Who is responsible for the ships or squadrons that makes up the operational forces, (i.e. CCGS, DESRON 15)?
- Type Commander (TYCOM)
- Who is the Navy's senior enlisted member & serves as an advisor to the CNO, as well as many boards tha deal with enlisted members or issues?
- Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy (MCPON)
- Assigned as the principal enlisted advisor to Fleet Commanders & responsible for keeping their CO's up-to-date on procedures, situations, & practices that affect the morale, welfare & well being of the entire fleet.
- Fleet Master Chief
- Assigned as the principal enlisted advisor to TYCOM officers & keeps their CO up-to-date on situations, procedures, & practices that affect the welfare, morale, & well being of the squadrion or group.
- Force Master Chief
- Assigned as the senior enlisted advisor to the CO of an individual command, keeps CO up-to-date on issues that affect the enlisted crew & their families.
- Command Mater Chief (CMC)
- ____________ is in overall command of all US Navy forces assigned tot he Atlantic operation area.
- Atlantic Fleet (CINCLANT)
- ____________ is in overall command of all US Navy forces assigned to the Pacific operation area.
- Pacific Fleet (CINCPAC)
- ___________ is in overall command of all US Naval forces assigned to European operation area.
- Naval Forces, Europe (CINCUSNAVEUR)
- Its primary mission is to provide immediate sealift capabilities in emergencies, support scientific projects & other programs, & consists of ships manned by civilian gov employees & commercial ships.
- Military Sealift Command (MSC)
- Which Area of Operation (AOR) is the Atlantic Ocean & its HQ's is in Norfolk, VA?
- 2nd Fleet
- Which Areas of Operation (AOR's) is the Pacific & Indian Oceans & its HQ's is in San Diego, CA & the other in Yokosuka, JA?
- 3rd Fleet (San Diego, CA) & 7th Fleet (Yokosuka, JA)
- Which Area of Operation (AOR) is the Persian Gulf/Middle East & its HQ's is in Manama, Bahrain?
- 5th Fleet
- Which Area of Operation (AOR) is the Mediterranean Sea & its HQ's is in Gaeta, Italy?
- 6th Fleet
- Which Area of Operation (AOR) is Worldwide & its HQ's is in Washington DC?
- Military Sealift Command (MSC)
- To ensure that each unit maintains the same basic organizational structure in support of the overall naval mission, the Navy developed the _________________ as a guide.
- Standard Organizational & Regulations of the U.S. Navy (SORN), OPNAVINST 3120.32B
- What guide provides a ready source of information concerning the duties, responsibilities, emergency procedures, authority, & the conduct of personnel within a command?
- Ship's/Command's Organization & Regulation Manual (SORM)
- Discuss the inter-relationship between the following: Naval Air Squadrons; Naval Surface Forces; Naval Sub-Surface Forces; Naval Amphibious Forces.
- Each is responsible for waging war via air, sea, under sea, & land from sea & interface & coordinate with one another to conduct total war.
- Its mission is to provide units & qualified individuals for active duty in time of war, national security, or other times required by national security.
- Naval Reserve (consists of 55 commissioned ships & 233,000 members).
- Consists of the combined total of the SELRES, TAR, & IRR program.
- Ready Reserve
- May be subject to involuntary recall for war, national emergency, or by the president for up to 90 days in support of operational requirements.
- Selected Reserve (SELRES)
- Serve on full-time active duty in support of the Naval Reserve.
- May be subject to involuntary recall for war or national emergency & members are NOT required to train.
- Individual Ready Reserve (IRR)
You must Login or Register to add cards