Glossary of Cold War 2
Other Decks By This User
- What was the Cold War?
- period of tension between Super Powers (USSR & US)
- Why was the Soviet Union able to dominate Eastern Europe after WWII?
- They had military forces in Eastern Europe as a result of WWII.
- Name 3 things that were the result of the Cold War?
- Berlin Blockade
- One result of the collapse of the Soviet union has been...
- ethnic violence
- Nato, Cuban missile crisis and Korean War were examples of...
- attempts to stop the spread of Communism (containment)
- Major cause of continuing conflicts in Northern Ireland, the former Yugoslavia and Lebanon is...
- religious differences
- What happened to most Eastern European countries immediately after WWII?
- they became satellites of the Soviet Union
- During the Cold War, the purpose of American foreign policy was...
- to stop the spread of Communism
- After WWII, which country had the strongest military?
- United States
- NATO included...
- US, Canada and Western Europe
- What was the Soviet Union's main goal after WWII?
- protecting themselves against future war
- Iron curtain refers to...
- the fortified border dividing Europe into Communist and democratic regions
You must Login or Register to add cards