Glossary of Chpt 14
Other Decks By This User
- How many signals are required for activation of
-Naieve Th and Tc cells
-Effector T cells (TH1, TH2, CTLs)
- Naieve require 3 signals
Effectors require only signal 1 (Ag interaction) and secrete enough of their own IL-2 to prolif/different by themselves.
- Role of Th1 cells in activating Naieve CTL-P
- secrete IL-2 for diff/prolif of CTL
upregulate B7 on APC for enhanced co-stim signal and activation of CTL
- Fill in the blanks:CTL-P activCTL-P CTL
- CTL-P activated CTL-P CTL
- + +
- +/- +/-
- - +
- - +
- Which signal is not required for activation of effector Tcells?
- Co-stim of B7/CD28
- Characteristics that differentiate Naieve from Effector Tcells
- -Necessity of Co-stim signal for activ.
-Constitutive vs. induced Cell adhesion molecules
-Cell trafficking patterns - what are they?
-Synthesis of molecules
- Cell trafficking patterns of
- Naieve: 2ndary lymphoid HEV
Effector: Tertiary lymph tissues, inflammatory sites- - all over
- Molecules synthesized by
- NAieve: nothing
Effector: CAMs, cytotoxic granules
- What component of CTLs mediates target cell damage?
- Perforin, Granzymes
- How does granzyme-B get from CTLs to target cells?
- -Perforin makes pores
-Both are endocytosed by Target and then Perforin makes pores for granzyme-b to get out of granule inside target.
- what two pathways mediate apoptosis inside target cells
- FAS pathway
- what do both pathways activate for apoptosis?
- caspase pathway
- What is the first line of defense against viral infection? why?
- Natural Killer cells
Because they are induced by release of TNF-alpha and beta immediately following infection, and their activity climaxes at about day 3, during activation/proliferation of p-CTLs
- which cells mediate cytotoxity via ADCC?
- NK, neutrophils, eosinophils, macrophages.
- What is the outcome of ADCC for
- NK cells will cause apoptosis because they induce the caspase pathway with Granzymes/FAS
Neutro/Eosino/Macroph produce lytic enzymes that induce lysis nonspecifically
You must Login or Register to add cards