Glossary of Children's Christian Class
Other Decks By This User
- From what does Jesus save us?
- From our sins
1 John 1:7
- 1 John 1:7
- But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin.
- What is sin?
- Sin is disobeying God, or breaking God's law.
1 John 3:4
- 1 John 3:4
- Everyone who sins breaks the law; in fact, sin is lawlessness.
- Who has sinned?
- We all have sinned.
- Romans 3:23
- For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.
- What is the penalty for my sin?
- Eternal death in hell.
- Romans 6:23
- For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
- What is the gift of God?
- Eternal life
- How can I be saved from eternal death?
- By believing on the Lord Jesus Christ.
- Acts 16:31
- They replied, "Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved—you and your household."
- Must I do good works to be saved?
- No. Salvation is a free gift of God. Salvation is by grace through faith.
- Ephesians 2:8-9
- For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— not by works, so that no one can boast.
- If I am not saved by doing good works, then why should I do good works?
- God has created us to do good works.
- Ephesians 2:10
- For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.
- Who baptized Jesus?
- John the Baptist.
- Matthew 3:13
- Then Jesus came from Galilee to the Jordan to be baptized by John.
- Where was Jesus baptized?
- In the Jordan River
- Baptism is a symbol (picture) of what?
- Death, burial and resurrection.
- Colossians 2:12
- having been buried with him in baptism and raised with him through your faith in the power of God, who raised him from the dead.
- Romans 6:3-4
- Or don't you know that all of us who were baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into his death? We were therefore buried with him through baptism into death in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, we too may live a new life
- What are the 3 pictures of baptism?
- 1. It pictures the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus.
2. It pictures our death to sin and our resurrection to a new life in Christ.
3. It pictures our faith that when we die and are buried we will also be raised from the dead.
- Does Jesus command us to be baptized?
- Yes. Everyone who has accepted Jesus as Savior is to be baptized.
- Matthew 28:18-20
- Then Jesus came to them and said, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."
- In what name are we to be baptized?
- In the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit.
- Matthew 28:19
- Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,
- Which comes first, salvation or baptism?
- Salvation comes first, then once a person is saved he should be baptized.
- Acts 2:41
- 41Those who accepted his message were baptized, and about three thousand were added to their number that day.
- Why do we baptize in public?
- In order to tell people we have been saved.
- Matthew 10:32-33
- "Whoever acknowledges me before men, I will also acknowledge him before my Father in heaven. But whoever disowns me before men, I will disown him before my Father in heaven.
- Does baptism wash away our sins?
- No. Only the blood of Jesus can wash away our sins.
- Hebrews 9:22
- In fact, the law requires that nearly everything be cleansed with blood, and without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness.
- What are the two elements of the Lord's Supper?
- The bread and the cup.
1 Corinthians 11:23-25
- 1 Corinthians 11:23-25
- For I received from the Lord what I also passed on to you: The Lord Jesus, on the night he was betrayed, took bread, and when he had given thanks, he broke it and said, "This is my body, which is for you; do this in remembrance of me." In the same way, after supper he took the cup, saying, "This cup is the new covenant in my blood; do this, whenever you drink it, in remembrance of me."
- What do these two elements symbolize (picture)?
- The bread represents the body of Christ and the cup represents the blood of Christ.
1 Corinthians 11:23-25
- What is the church?
- A church is not the building in which people meet. A church is a group of people who are baptized believers in the Lord Jesus Christ.
1 Peter 2:4-5
- 1 Peter 2:4-5
- As you come to him, the living Stone—rejected by men but chosen by God and precious to him— you also, like living stones, are being built into a spiritual house to be a holy priesthood, offering spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ.
- As a new Christian, what does God want me to do?
- God wants us to grow in our salvation.
1 Peter 2:2
- 1 Peter 2:2
- Like newborn babies, crave pure spiritual milk, so that by it you may grow up in your salvation,
- As a church member should I attend the services of the church?
- Yes. We are told to "not give up meeting together".
- Hebrews 10:25
- Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching.
- As a church member should I be a witness for Jesus?
- Yes. We are commanded to be a witness to everyone.
- Acts 1:8
- But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth."
- As a church member should I read my Bible every day?
- Yes. The Bible is God's Word to teach us how to live the Christian Life.
II Timothy 3:16-17
- II Timothy 3:16-17
- All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.
- As a church member should I pray every day?
- Yes. We are commanded by God to pray.
I Thessalonians 5:17
- I Thessalonians 5:17
- pray continually;
- Does God have a plan for me to give to the church?
- Yes. We are told to bring our tithes and offerings to the God.
- Malachi 3:10
- Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. Test me in this," says the LORD Almighty, "and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that you will not have room enough for it.
You must Login or Register to add cards