Glossary of Child Development CH 4
Other Decks By This User
- Basic Sensory and Perceptual Processes
- Smell, Taste, and Touch
Integrating Sensory Information
- paying less attention as something becomes familiar
- Most babies have a and respond to bitter and sour substances
- sweet tooth
- ___ &___ help them recognize their mothers, making it easier for them to eat.
- Smell & Touch
- A fetus can hear at _ or _ months
- 7 or 8
- the quietest sound that a person can hear
- Auditory Threshold
- By ___ months, infants can recognize their own name and can differentiate vowels from consonant sounds.
- 4 ½
- Infants’ hearing is best for sounds that have pitches in the range of _____.
- human speech
- Infants use ___ to locate objects.
- ___ is the leading cause of hearing impairment in newborns.
- After birth the leading cause of hearing impairment is ___.
- inflammation of the membranes surrounding the brain and spinal cord.
- Signs if hearing impairment that a parent should watch for.
- No response to loud or sudden noises
Repeated ear infections
Does not turn head in the direction of sounds (by 4-5 mos.)
Does not respond to own name (by 8-9 mos.)
Does not begin to imitate speech sounds and simple words (by 12 mos.)
- Young babies can recongnize familiar ___.
- Infants’ nervous systems are capable of ___.
- transmitting pain
You must Login or Register to add cards