Glossary of Chemistry measurement
Other Decks By This User
- What is DENSITY?
- the ratio of mass to volume or mass divided by volume
- Define WEIGHT
- A measure of the gravitational pull on matter
- What is a DERIVED UNIT?
- a unit that is a combination of SI base units
- What is a THEORY?
- a broad generalization that explains a body of facts or phenomena.
- What is an INVERSE RELATIONSHIP OR INVERSE PROPORTION?
- two quantities which have a constant mathematical product
- VOLUME is what?
- the amount of space occupied by an object.
- What does PRECISION describe?
- the closeness of a set of measurements of the same quantity made in the same way
- What is a PERCENT ERROR?
- A value calculated by subtracting the experimental value from the accepted value,dividing the difference by the accepted value and then multiplying by 100
- What does DIRECT PROPORTION or DIRECT RELATIONSHIP describe?
- two quantities that give a constant value when one is divided by the other
- What is a HYPOTHESIS?
- A testable statement
- ACCURACY describes what?
- the closeness of measurement to the correct or accepted value of the quantity measured
You must Login or Register to add cards