Glossary of Chemistry in the Community-Unit 1, Section A
Other Decks By This User
- Which of the following techniques would be appropriate for just separating macroscopic (large) particles in a mixture?
- Which technique relies on differences in solubility?
- A separation technique that depends on differences in the boiling points of the substances in a solution is called:
- The hydrologic cycle is responsible for all of the following except
*providing a constant supply of fresh water
*erosion of rock and soil
*formation of clouds and precipitation
*increasing the mineral content on oars
- increasing the mineral content in oars
- Which of the following is not a direct water use?
*water used to make a powdered drink
*water used to grow a fruit tree
*flushing a toilet
*eating a moist apple
- water used to grow a fruit tree
- Which of the following statements is not true regarding the hydrologic cycle?
*the two major steps of the cycle are evaporation and flocculation
*due to this cycle, the world has contained about the same amount of water for millions of ye
- the two major steps of the cycle are evaporation and flocculation
- Most of the earth's supply of water is found in
- oceans, 97% of the earth's water is found in oceans
- Which of the following correctly reflects the decreasing order of abundance of water supplies:
- Which is the best example of indirect water use?
*325 L of water are consumed by citizens daily
*a shower uses 19 L of water daily
*my water bill is $485 per month
*120 L are required to produce a 1.3 L juice can
- 120 L are required to produce a 1.3 L juice can, the unseen water used to make products is indirect water use
- Which is the correct ranking for density of water, in increasing order?
*gas, solid, liquid
*gas, liquid, solid
*solid, gas, liquid
liquid, gas, solid
- gas, solid, liquid- water vapor is least dense , ice is less dense than water and the liquid of water is its densest form
You must Login or Register to add cards