Glossary of Chemistry Test
Other Decks By This User
- How many milliliters are in 7.5 kiloliters?
- 7.5 x 10^6 mL
- How many kilometers are in 4250 centimeters?
- 0.0425 km
- Which of the following is true about a conversion factor?
- d. A conversion factor is a ratio of unrelated measurements
- Which of the following is a correct conversion factor?
- a.) 1 dm/10cm
- Among the measurements given, which is the smallest?
- a.) 470 mm
- The mass of an apple is approximately 125 grams. What conversion factor would you use to express its mass in kilograms?
- c.) 1 kg/1000g
- What is the mass, in grams, of 1.070 mL of mercury if the density of mercury is 13.6 g/mL?
- b.) 14.6 g
- The temperature in a room is 25 C. What is the temperature on the Kelvin scale?
- 298 K
- How many cubic centimeters are contained in a volume of 4.25 L?
- c.) 4.25 x 10^3 cm^3
- Which of the following correctly lists the particles, in order from least massive to most massive?
- d.) electron, proton, hydrogen atom, helium atom
- Which of the following statements is not consistent with the results obtained in Rutherford's gold foil experiment?
- d.) Electrons are contained in the nucleus of an atom.
- The identity of an element can be determeined on the basis of which one of the following?
- a.) The number of protons in an atom of the element.
- What is the atomoic number and the mass number of an atom of an element with 11 protons and 12 neutrons?
- c.) atomic number = 11 and mass number = 23
- An atom of uranium that contains 92 protons and 143 neutrons would be written as;
- b.) uranium- 235
- Isotopes of the same element have;
- a.) the same number of protons, but different numbers of neutrons.
You must Login or Register to add cards