Glossary of Chemistry Terms to Know Module 1
Other Decks By This User
- Anything that has mass and takes up space.
- An indication of how close a measurement is to the true value.
- An indication of how good the measuring device was.
- An object's mass divided by the volume that the object occupies.
- The ability to do work.
- The creation of motion in the presence of an opposing force.
- Energy that is being transferred.
- The First Law of Thermodynamics
- Energy cannot be created or destroyed, it can only change form.
- Potential Energy
- Energy that is stored up in an object.
- Kinetic Energy
- Energy that is in motion.
- Heat Capacity
- The amount of heat necessary to raise the temperature of 1.0 gram of a substance by 1.0*C.
You must Login or Register to add cards