Glossary of Chemistry Chapter 1 and 2 Flashcards 2
Other Decks By This User
- Measures thermal energy the Kelvin scale is the absolute scale, we can never reach 0 degrees Kelvin.
- F=9/5 C + 32
- C = 5/9 (F - 32)
- C = K - 273
K = C + 273
- What is 10 C in Fahrenheit
- EX 9/5*10/1 =90/5 =18+32=50
- What is 40 F in C?
- 5/9 (40 - 32)=5/9 (8)40/9= 4.44 C.
- What is 70 C in K.
- K = 70 + 273 = 343 K
- What is 100 F in K.
- C = 5/9 (100-32) = 37.8
37.8 + 273 = 310.8 K
- Density measures the compactness of matter. The more compact the bigger the density value is.
- Density formula
- D = m/V.
- What is the density of sodium chloride 10 cm cubed has a mass of 21.64 g?
- 21.64/10 = 2.164 g/cm cubed
- Finding mass using density and volume.
- M = D * V
- Finding Volume using mass and Density
- V = m/D
- What is the volume of 54g of Al if its density is 2.7 g/mL
- V = 54/2.7 = 20 mL
V = m / D
- Densities of substances are affected by temperature and pressure -(for gases)
- DH2O (5C) ≠ DH2O (80C)
- Percent error
- % error = measure value - actual - actual value / actual value * 100
- A ball has an actual mass of 4.00 g, you measure it to be 4.05 g. What is your percent error?
- 4.05 - 4.00/4.00 *100 = 1.25%
You must Login or Register to add cards