Glossary of Chemistry - Chap. 1
Other Decks By This User
- Accuracy (p26)
- The closeness of a measurement to the true value of the quantity that is measured.
- Chemical Property (p14)
- Any property of a substance that cannot be studied without converting the substance into some other substance.
- Compound (p12)
- A substance composed of atoms of two or more elements chemically united in fixed proportions.
- Density (p15)
- The mass of a substance divided by its volume.
d = m/V
- Element (p12)
- A substanece that cannotbe separated into simpler substances by chemical means.
- Extensive Property (p15)
- a property that matter on how much matter is being considered.
- Heterogeneous Mixture (p11)
- The individual components of a mixture remain physically separated and can be seen as separate components.
- Homogeneous Mixture (p11)
- The composition of a mixture, after sufficient stirring, is the same throughout the solution.
- Intensive Property (p15)
- A property that does not depend on how much matter is being considered.
- Macroscopic Property (p15)
- Properties that can be measured directly.
- SI Base Units
- Length - meter - m
Mass - kilogram - kg
Time - second - s
Temp. - kelvin - K
Amt. of Substance-mole-mol
You must Login or Register to add cards