Glossary of Chemistry: Fundamentals A
Other Decks By This User
- What is a substance?
- Single pure form of matter
- What is a physical property?
- A characteristic that we can observe or measure without changing the identity of the substance.
- What is a chemical property?
- The ability of a substance to change into another substance.
- What is an intensive property?
- A property that is independent of the mass of the sample.
- What is an extensive property?
- A property that does depend on the mass of the sample.
- What is the equation for density?
- density = mass/volume
- What is a systematic error?
- An error present in every one of a series of repeated measurements.
- What is a random error?
- An error that varies at random and can average to zero over a series of observations.
- What is energy?
- A measure of the capactiy to do work.
- What is kinetic energy?
- The energy that a body possesses due to its motion.
- What is potential energy?
- The energy that it possesses on account of its position in a field of force.
- What is the equation for kinetic energy?
- Ek= 1/2mv^2
- What is the equation for potential energy?
- Ep = mgh
- What is total energy?
- kinetic energy + potential energy
- What is acceleration?
- The rate of change of an object's velocity.
- What is the equation for force?
- mass x acceleration = force
- What is velocity?
- the rate of change of position that has both magnitude and DIRECTION.
- What is speed?
- The rate of change of position regardless of the direction of the motion.
- What is work?
- Motion against an opposing force.
You must Login or Register to add cards