Glossary of Chemistry: Chapter 7
Other Decks By This User
- Forms of an element differing in either bonding or structure.
- Covalent network solid
- solid composed of atoms covalently bonded in a network in two or three dimensions.
- The simplest class of organic compounds, consisting of only hydrogen and carbon atoms.
- A hydrocarbon that contains only single bonds.
- Compounds with the same number and types of atoms but differing geometric arrangements.
- A hydrocarbon that contains one or more double bonds.
- A hydrocarbon with one or more triple bonds.
- A six-membered ring of carbon atoms pictured with alternating double and single bonds, indicating delocalized electrons.
- Aromatic Compound
- A compound containing a ring of carbon atoms pictured with alternating single and double bonds with delocalized electrons that provide great stability.
- Functional Group
- A group of atoms that give characteristic properties to organic compounds.
You must Login or Register to add cards