Glossary of Chemistry- atomic spectrum ect. review
Other Decks By This User
- Definition of Hertz
- SI unit for frequency
- Definition of Atomic Orbital
- The region around the nucleus where an electron (abbreviated as E-) is most likely to be found (cloud shape)
- Definition of Spectrum
- Range of light seen when passed thru a prism.
- Definition of Atomic Emission Spectrum
- Lines of colored light obtained by passing light emited by an element thru a prism.
- Definition of Quantum of energy.
- Amount of energy needed to move an electron (aka: E-) from one energy level up to the next higher.
- Definition of Amplitude
- Hieght of a wave from origin to crest.
- Definition of wavelength
- Distance between the crests of a frequency's waves.
- Definition of energy level
- electrons most likely to be moving around the nucleus.
- Definition of Aufbau principal
- electrons enter orbitals of lowest energy first.
- Definition of frequency
- Number of wave cycles to pass a given point per a unit of time.
You must Login or Register to add cards