Glossary of Chem 2 Test 2 practice
Other Decks By This User
- The Tyndall effect is?
- the scattering of a beam of light passing through a colloid making the beam visible
- Which one is not true?
a. the solubility of gases in liquids generally increases with increasing temperature
b.the solubility of solids in liquids generally increases with increasing temperature
c.the solubility of gases in liquids increas
- a. the solubility of gases in liquids generally increaes with increasing temperature
- The addition of a non-volatile solute to a solvent causes?
a.decrease in vapor pressure
b.increase in boling point
c.decrease in freezing point
d.decrease in melting point
e.all of these
- e.all of these
- According to Rault's law, the vapor pressure of a solution made by dissolving a non-volatile solute in a solvent is related to
a.the molality of the solute
b.the mole fraction of solvent
c.molarity of solute
d.titer of solute
- b.the mole fraction of solvent
- When a cell is placed in a solution that is hypotonic, water will flow
a.from the soluiton to the cell
b.from the cell into the solution
c.water will not flow
- a.from the solution into the cell
- What is the molarity of oxygen in water at 20C and a pressure of 635torr? Henry's-law constant for oxygen at this temperature in water is 2.58x10^-5 mol/L, atm
e.none of these
- Which one of the following when present at a concentration of .100m will have the greatest effect on the boiling point of water?
- When .100 mol of compound X was dissolved in 250g of water, the boiling point increased from 100C to 100.6C. Which on of the following compounds could be compound X? The molal boiling point elevation constant for water is .512C m^-1.
- The highest temperature at which a gas can be liquefied by increasing pressure is the
a. crictical temperature
e.none of these
- a.critical temperature
- A colloid made by dispersing a solid in a liquid is called a(n)
- Hydrogen reacts explosiviely with bromine by a free radical mechanism to form HBr. Which one of the following is a propagation step in that mechcanism?
b.H + Br -> HBr
c.H + Br2 -> HBr + Br
d.H + HBr -> H2 + Br.
- c.H + Br2 -> HBr + Br
- A .100 M solution of which one of the following substances will ahe the highest osmotic pressure?
- c.lithium bromide
- A colloid cannnot be formed from two substances if they are both in the __ phase
- The kinetics of the reaction below were studied and it was determined that the reaction rate increased by a factor of 9 when the concentration of B was tripled. The reaction is ___ order in B.
A + B -> P
- The reaction below was found to have the rate law, rate =k[A]([B]^2). Which one of the following is false concerning this reaction?
A + 2B -> P
a.this reaction could be an elementary reaction
b.this reaction could occur in a single step
- d.this is a bimolecular reaction
- In a plot of ln(k) versus 1/T, the slope is
- In the potential energy profile of a reaction, the species that exists at the maxiumum on the curve is called the
d.enthalpy of reaction
- b.transition state
- For a second order reaction, a plot of __ vs ___ is linear
e.none of these
- c.1/[A], time
- What is the rate constant of a first order reaction with a half life of 35min?
e.cannot be determine wihtouinital concentration
- b. 0.0198min^-1
You must Login or Register to add cards