Glossary of Chem. Lecture 3
Other Decks By This User
- In the wave model, light consists of _____.
- Electromagnetic waves
- Height from origin to crest
- distance between crests
- number of wave cycles to pass given point per unit of time
- Particle model
- Light consists of particles in bundles called quanta
- Relationship between wavelength and frequency
- Inversely related (one goes up, the other goes down)
- Product of frequency and wavelength always equals ____.
- Constant c (speed of light)
- SI unit for frequency
- hertz (Hz)
- One hertz =
- One cycle per second
- Sometimes written as ___.
- S (superscript) -1
- When sunlight passes through a prism,
- different wavelengths separate into spectrum of colors
- _____ includes visible light as well as radio waves, UV light, X-rays, gamma rays, etc.
- Electromagnetic spectrum
- Of visible light, ___ light has the longest wavelength and the lowest frequency
- Of visible light, ___ light has the shortest wavelength and the highest frequency
You must Login or Register to add cards