Glossary of Chapter Three, Section Two
Other Decks By This User
- What were interlopes?
- Illegal slave ships
- Who was the first Lord Baltimore?
- George Calvert
- After George Calvert died, who took over Chesapeake and named the colony?
- Cecilius Calvert
- What did Cecilius Calvert name the Chesapeake colony?
- WHAT passed the Toleration Act? What is it?
- Passed by Maryland Assembly
Granted a degree of religious freedom
- What led a lot of men to Maryland?
- Misleading pamphlets
- Where did most people live in teh Chesapeake area?
- Farms and plantations
- Who raised an amry of western sailors and attacked the indians?
- Nathaniel Bacon
- Who burned Jamestown and took over their government?
- Nathaniel Bacon and his hip gang
- What is the House of Burgesses?
- Virginia's representative assembly of large planters
- What was one effect of Bacon's Rebellion?
- It strengthened the move amoung planters to switch from intdentured to slave labor
- What was the slave voyage across the Atlantic?
- Middle Passage
- Who were the Quackers?
- Members of a Protestant sect that rejected wealth and even clergy
- Who were abolitionists?
- Those who wanted to abolish slavery
You must Login or Register to add cards