Glossary of Chapter Three, Section Three
Other Decks By This User
- What was the Restoration?
- When Charles II restored the monarchy' power in England
- Who knew the proper rice cultivation techniques?
- Describe the Task system.
- Once slaves completed tasks, they could tend to their own small plots and raise their own livestock
- Who worked under the task system?
- Slaves on rice plantations
- Where did the Dutch West India Company establish their colony?
- New Netherland
- What was the capital of New Netherland?
- New Amsterdam
- Who did Charles II make the Duke of York?
- Who got Delaware?
- Williem Penn
- What did Williem Penn want to make?
- A colony for Quakers; a Holy Experiment for different religions and nationalities.
- What was Williem Penn's colony called?
- What was the capital of Pennslyvania?
- Describe Georgia as a colony.
- It was a social experiment
Also, it was the last British colony
- What is mercantilism?
- An economic system in which a nation's power is tied to its stock of precious metals
- Describe Balance of Trade
- to export more than imported
- What was the Navigation Acts?
- Mercantilist laws to promote wealth, safety, and strength
- What required European goods for colonies to be routed through England?
- Navigation Acts
- What was the best way to obtain wealth?
- Balance of trade
- Who wanted to create a buffer between South Carolina's prosperous plantaions and Spanish Florida (Georgia)?
- Why were the colonies a vital importance to England?
- Source of raw materials
- Where were slaves extremely popular?
- South Carolina
You must Login or Register to add cards