Glossary of Chapter 8 Test 2
Other Decks By This User
- Organs are
- tissues performing a similar job
- Genes are tiny protein molecules that
- control hereditary characteristics
- During the first 18 months of life, a baby
- triples his or her weight
- Which of the following is usually true of teen mothers?
- many soon have a second child
- A fertilized egg is called
- a zygote
- The use of sound waves to get a picture of a fetus is
- The approximate number of American teenagers who gave birth during 1990 was
- The afterbirth
- is a final cantraction following delivery of the baby --or--
is the delivery of the placenta
- A cluster of cells with a hollow space is a zygote.
- Twins who look alike are
- The umbilical cord connects the embryo to
- the placenta
- During pregnancy, medicines should be taken only with a doctor's approval.
- Fraternal twins have different fathers.
- Two brown-eyed perents can have a blue-eyed baby.
- Heredity is the passing of characteristics from parents to offspring.
- Typical human blood cells have 46 chromosomes.
- Your growth and development are affected by heredity, environment, and personal choices.
- Children experience the fastest growth period of their live between the ages of 2 and 3 years.
- The DNA Molecule resembles a spiral staircase.
- Accepting a child's needs to do things on his or her own helps develop autonomy.
- cells with similar structure and job
- cluster of cells with hollow center
- Transfers oxygen and nutrients
- Contractions of uterus
- Results from drinking while pregnant
- Fetal alcohol syndrome
- Muscular neck of uterus
- Control hereditary characteristics
- Result from same ege
- Identical twins
- Confidence in self-control
- What are the four stages of childhood. Briefly describe each stage.
- How can a teen parent help a child master the development tasks learned in each stagef childhood?
- to be answered later
You must Login or Register to add cards