Glossary of Chapter 7 Test
Other Decks By This User
- About what percent of people marry by age 40?
- B. 95%
- Whwn both the husband and wife work, the family is called
A. A career-oriented familt
B.a two- career familt
C. a blended family
D.an extended family
- B. a two - career family
- The average age for the first marriage for women is now
- C. 24
- The number of children under age 18 with a single parent is about
A. 1 out 0f 4
B. 2 out of 4
C. 3 out 0f 4
D. almost all
- A. 1 out of 4
- Which of the following will NOT help improve family communication?
A. Turning on the television
B. having a family meeting
C. writing a letter to family members
D. talking while working together
- A. turning on the television
- Which of the following is helpful if your parents are getting a divorce?
A. taking care of your own health
B. keeping everything to yourself
C. considering yourself the cause
D. watching parents argue
- A. taking care of your own health
- A pregnancy that was decided upon before conception is called
A. a planned pregnancy
B. an unplanned pregnancy
C. a teen pregnancy
D. a misconception
- A. a planned pregnancy
- The custom of using a best man and ushers at a wedding probably was first used. A.as a courtesy
B. to help people find seats
C. to help the groom dress
D. to prevent bride - stealing
- D. to prevent bride - stealing
- Approximately how much money will 4 yrs of education cost for a person entering college in the year 2000?
A. about $5,000 B. about $45,000
C. about $60,000 D. about $100,000
- B. about $45,000
- Increased father involvement in child rearing has been linked to
A. more masculine behavior
B. more introverted behavior
C. an incresa in child abuse
D. higher grades
- D. Higher grades
Everyone agrees that a prenuptial agreement is a good idea.
In ancient times marriage was a business and social contract.
Most states require a waiting period before marriage.
Americans now are marring at later ages.
What parents do is a more important teacher than what they say.
A mature person blames others for mistakes.
Teens who marry due to pregnancy usually divorce.
Divorce legally ends a marriage.
Of every 10 who divorce for the first time, 8 will remarry.
Amoung college-educated people,delaying childbearing is on the increase.
- Adaptation to married life-style is called?
- marital adjustment
- Having children at the age of 30s and 40s is called?
- delayed parenthood
- A mother employed outside the home is called?
- working mother
- Assuming legal responsibility for children is called?
- Meeting needs of parent is called?
- parent wellness
- Supplied by good parenting
- " roots and wings"
- Establishing clear rules for child behavior.
- Setting limits
- Before marriage
- Not decided on before conception
- unplanned pregnancy
- Same misbehavior results in different consequences.
- random punishment
- What are 5 physical needs parents must filfill for their children.
- 1. food
- How can parents fulfill these emotional needs?
You must Login or Register to add cards