Glossary of Chapter 6 Test
Other Decks By This User
- Giving a "thumbs up" to someone who just beat you in a race is which of the following?
- an example of body language
- Your face and body
- aid communication
- Studies show how lonely people are less healthy and have higher death rates than people who are not lonely.
- Violence prevention programs can help prevent crime.
- Inflections do not affect communication.
- Platonic Relationship
- non-romantic affection
- peer pressure
- influence of people of the same age
- verbal communication
- sharing through words
- play a part
- Random violence happens
- to anyone, at anytime
- Within one year of the death of a spouse, most widows
- become seriously ill
- Bribery and offering money are forms of manipulation.
- Good eye contact is not a good listening skill.
- Rubbing hands together or standing especially still can be signs of lying.
- based on stereotypes
- nonverbal communication
- messages without words
- use of physical force to injure
- Violence in schools
- has dramatically increased
- Recapping what someone has said is
- a good listening skill
- Learning how to say "no" is
- a refusal skill
- Americans are exposed to violence
- on T.V., in movies, and in music
- Blackmail and threats are forms of stereotyping.
- Stereotypes have no basis of truth.
- often commit violent crimes
- refusal skills
- helps say "no"
- When teens drink becaise all of their friends do, they are victims of
- peer pressure
- Caring, consideration, and trust are the basis for friendship.
- Gang members are often desperate to "belong."
- giving in
- Demanding that you be treated well is a way of being
You must Login or Register to add cards