Glossary of Chapter 1 SAT Chemistry Terms
Other Decks By This User
- anything that occupies space and has mass
- the amount of matter that a substances has
- the resistance in a change of position or motion
- Law of Definite Composition
- Compounds are made by combining atoms of two or more elements in a definite proportion or ratio by mass
- Physical Properties
- physical state
solubility in water
- Chemical Properties
how it reacts with other substances
- Law of Conservation of Matter
- In a chemical change matter can neither be created or destroyed
- The heat content in a system. Every system has heat content in a chemical or physical change.
- Law of Conservation of Mass and Energy
- mass and energy are interchangeable under special conditions.
- Law of Conservation of Energy
- Energy can neither be created or destroyed.
- Scientific Method
Make a hypothesis (if...then)
You must Login or Register to add cards