Glossary of Chapter 16- history final
Other Decks By This User
- economic system in which the means of production are privatly owned and operated for profit
- an Aztec god represented as a plumed serpent
- Francisco Pizarro
- Spanish explorer and conqueror of the Inca Empire of Peru. founded the city of lima
- people from the andes, highlands of peru, who built roads.
- Last independent Incan emperor. He was captured by the Spaniards for going against Pizarro.
- Francis I
- King of France (1515-1547) who waged four wars against Holy Roman Emperor Charles V from 1521 to 1544. A patron of the arts, he reigned during the Renaissance in France
- person who assumes financial risks in the hopes of making a profit
- Joint Stock Company
- private trading company in which shares are sold to investors to finance buisness
- policy by which a nation sought to export more than it imported in order to build its supply of gold and silver
- tax on imported goods
- Middle Passage
- in the slave trade, that part of the Atlantic Ocean between Africa and the West Indies
- Francis Drake
- English naval hero and explorer who was the first Englishman to circumnavigate the world and was vice admiral of the fleet that destroyed the Spanish Armada
- Elizabeth I
- Queen of England and Ireland who reestablished Protestantism in England.
- Samuel de Champlain
- french explorer established a settlement (1608) on the site of present-day Quebec.
- Louis XIV
- king of france who waged the War of the Spanish Succession
- Alfonso I (Nzinga Mbemba)
- King of Portugal (1139-1185) who won Portuguese independence from Castile (1139) and established a monarchy.
You must Login or Register to add cards