Glossary of Chapter 12 in depth Micro
Other Decks By This User
- Who used derivative for treatment of syphilis?
- Paul Ehrlich
- Paul Ehrlich did what?
- Introducted the concept of chemotherapy and used arsenic derivative for treatment of syphilis.
- Who discovered antibiotic Penicillin was produced by Penicillium notatum?
- Alexander Fleming
- Howard Florey and Ernst Chain did what?
- Clinical trial and commerical production of Penicillin.
- More than half of the antibiotics are produced by species of...?
- Streptomyces a filamentous bacteria which inhabit soil.
- Few antibiotics are produced by?
- What are narrow range antibiotics?
- These antibiotics kill only limited types of microorganisms. Ie: Penicillin only affects gram positive bacteria.
- What are broad spectrum antibiotics?
- These antibiotics affect both gram negative and positive bacteria,
- What is a disadvantage of broad spectrum antibiotics?
- It destroys the microbiota which may imbalance the natural resistance of body against opportunistic pathogens like Candida albicans.
- Antimicrobial drugs are either?
- bactericidal or bacteriostatic
You must Login or Register to add cards