Glossary of Chapter 12 English
Other Decks By This User
- to clear from blame
- a representation (especially a drawing)in which th esubject's characteristic feature are deliberately exaggerated.
- loud ringing
- side by side, touching
- an eager desire for something, greed
- harmful, injurious
- to raise to a higher degree
- to captivate, charm, hold spellbound
- to lessen the seriousness or magnitude of an offense by making partial excuses.
- implied or understood though unexpressed
- sharp, keen
- marked by conspicuous or pretentious display
- a model of excellence or perfection
- to restate in other words.
- prudent, shrewdlt conceived and developed
- dull, lacking in distinction and originality
- extra, excess, more than is needed
- making a show of virtue or righteousness, hypocritically moralistic
- sparkling, twinkling, exceptionally brilliant
- charming, attractive, pleasing
You must Login or Register to add cards