Glossary of Chapter 10 Questions
Other Decks By This User
- The term emergent design in the context of a qualitative inquiry indicates that the research design emerges:
- While the researcher is in the field collecting data
- All of the following are issues that a qualitative researcher attends to in planning a study except:
A)Selecting a site
B)Determining how best to gain entrée in key settings
C)Selecting research instruments
D)Determining the maximum
- Selecting research instruments
- Which of the following design features can apply to both a qualitative and quantitative study?
A)Manipulation of the independent variable
B)Cross-sectional versus longitudinal data collection
C)Control over extraneous variables
- Cross-sectional versus longitudinal data collection
- Ethnographers strive to:
- Understand human cultures
- Which of the following is not a step in descriptive phenomenology?
- Which of the following approaches involves the use of a procedure known as constant comparison?
A) Grounded theory
- Grounded theory
- “What is the essence of men's experiences of chemotherapy treatment for prostate cancer?” is an example of a research question within which tradition?
- “What is the basic social process women use through their menopausal transition?” is an example of a research question within which o tradition?
- Grounded theory
- Which of the following statements is not true?
~Reflexive journals can be used in the bracketing process
~Hermeneutics focuses on interpreting the meaning of experiences
~Descriptive phenomenology aims at understanding tacit knowledge
- Descriptive phenomenology aims at understanding tacit knowledge
- Which of the following names does not belong with the others?
You must Login or Register to add cards